I've been taking 'maternity leave' from blogging for quite some time now and as delivery day nears, I thought I'd do a post to say hi to you all and say that this is not goodbye, but this is a quick check-in to say that I do not have intentions to stop blogging altogether and there will be a return to nail polish related blogging eventually.
There were times where I thought I should start a new blog about this pregnancy journey but most of it might have been just a record of all the dumb stuff that people think they can say to me just because I am pregnant. Some people just need some filters before they speak a word. I am rather proud for not having a comeback for them and just ignoring them...most of the time. (Pregnancy has turned me into a sap! Those who know me would be wondering where the 'real' me has gone to).
As I sit here at 37 weeks + 1, my husband and I are super excited to meet out little girl. We are ready when she is ready! It will be the greatest gift and the best day of our lives (after the hours of pain of course!). I could go on about all the things that I have had to go through this pregnancy but to be honest, I have had a pretty pleasant pregnancy and am counting my lucky stars.
Wishing all my readers loads of fun in the nail painting world. Can't wait to dig into all the new colours and trends when I am back onboard.
Happy painting everyone!
Until next time,
Published on February 23, 2013 Leave your thoughts »
Published on December 6, 2012 2 appreciated comments »
Oh my goodness... it has been waaaaay too long since I stopped for a moment with enough time to post something on my blog! You know that saying 'anytime before Christmas!!!' that people normally say when they are waiting for something for quite some time? Well, Christmas, I beat you! Ha!
It is true what they say about things changing when you are pregnant. I have gone from madly changing my nail polish colour at least a couple of times a week to not painting at all for at least two months! I have no excuse but my only reasoning is 'I cannot be bothered'. How bizarre is that!
I have tried breaking out of this fuzz by looking for a new nail polish colour or two, and nope... still not interested! I thought the colours I saw were hella-boring. What's up with that?!
Don't get my wrong.. I can't help look at other people's nails but me personally, looking is all I feel like doing.
Surely there was a way to kick start my painting, right? Correct! I have always loved the look of fishnets on nails so not only did i get back into painting but I whipped out Konad plate m57 too! The base colour used here is Essie Sexy Divide and the stamp colour is OPI Mod About You (which looks more like white in this picture).
I am currently 6 and a half months pregnant and since my last post, I have found that I am having a girl! Cannot wait to meet the little munchkin!
Are there any new nail polish colours you have recently bought that is all sorts of cool, fun, pretty, funky, interesting in the one bottle that might help me re-ignite my need to REALLY paint my nails?
Hopefully my next post isn't too far away!
Until next time!
Published on October 16, 2012 2 appreciated comments »
With winter coming to an end, I have seen many ladies with bright coloured nails to celebrate the warmer weather and the beginning of Spring.
I decided to follow suit and painted my nails with the trusty pick-me-up colour from Rokk96 called Honeymoon.
A couple of days after after painting the bright colour, the weather took a bit of a turn and it got very windy and cold again! I thought I'd change up my nails by adding a layer of OPI Navy Shatter. The formula looked very thin and I didn't think that it would come through as dark as it has so capturing the navy aspect was a challenge at first.
Published on October 9, 2012 Leave your thoughts »
Recently I read somewhere that during the second trimester, you can have an extra 1400 kilojoules of food a day. This is equivalent to three pieces of toast but two have avocado on them or something along those lines. My doctor advises that I should just eat to my hunger and not so much 'for two' as what people tend to think. I am definitely eating to my hunger!!
Today's post has nothing to do with actual dim sums that you would find at your Chinese food place (sorry for those who think that my blog is turning a new leaf and I am one of THOSE Asian people that takes photos of their food not that there is anything wrong with it!) but I stamped an image from Bundle Monster BM301 with OPI Dim Sum Plum and just typing this is making me hungry. The base colour here is OPI Done Out In The Deco. The Dim Sum Plum is usually a berry colour on it's own but over the pastel purple colour it looks more like a darker shade of purple.
Until next time!
Published on October 4, 2012 2 appreciated comments »
Sometimes when I am stuck on a colour to wear, I would ask my husband to pick a colour. He would then say colours such as pink, red, orange or any colour that comes to mind because he says that whatever colour he says, I will do the opposite anyway. Smart man.
For today's look, I didn't ask him what colour to wear as I knew that I felt like wearing OPI Linkin Park After Dark. I actually asked him whether I should stamp my nails with a barbed wire design or paisley. For the first time since I can ever remember, I actually used something that he said when it came to nail polish. His actual words were, 'Paisley. Because I have no idea what the hell it is'.
The paisley design is from Bundle Monster BM315 and is stamped using OPI Mod About You. This pink colour comes across as white in the pictures but in real life it doesn't appear as stark as how white normally would.
Published on September 27, 2012 2 appreciated comments »
Finally! A chance to properly sit down and do a post on my neglected blog. I'm so sorry blog - I will try to keep updating you! Thought the title of this blog was a tiny bit appropriate due to the look in today's post and also for the crazy busy schedule I've had lately trying to fit many activities and tasks in. I do take it easy most of the time but sometimes at the end of the night I just plonk myself on the couch and don't want to move for at least an hour.
Today's look was done when I was recently sick with a cold and being pregnant, you are not allowed to take any over the counter medications for the cold itself. It was a tough gig but I think that I would have preferred having a cold over having morning sickness in which I thank my lucky stars that I didn't have any! It is a very exciting time for hubby and I and I find myself very distracted looking at baby items. All. The. Time.
During the period where I was trying to recover from the cold, I felt like I needed a 'pick me up' so I decided to paint my nails (as you do!). The base colour used was OPI Your Royal Shineness topped with OPI Pink Shatter. My friend gave me OPI Pink Shatter for my birthday this year and thought it should finally come out to play!
Apologies for the dry skin in the photo. I tried desperately to keep myself hydrated and this is the best picture that I managed to get as I am not a believer in any special effects in photos. One reason being that I am not talented enough to do any editing and another reason being that I like to keep it realzzzz.
Any other nail polish enthusiasts out there who are also pregnant?
Until next time!
Published on September 7, 2012 4 appreciated comments »
During my disppearing acts from posting regularly on my blog, I have managed to get a few Liebster Awards which I am forever grateful for. The fellow bloggers who have nominated me are Glossy Lacquer, Mish and Gypsy Moon. Thank you all - you have made my day!
In order to accept the award, you must follow a few rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
2. They must answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
4. They must then chose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told
6. There's no tag backs
This may be a bit tricky as I was tagged three times and in fairness will answer each of the 11 questions. I will try to make it as entertaining as possible and not have too much for all you folks to read! I also hope I haven't tagged anyone who has received this award before but if you do, you're just extra special!
Things about myself:
1. Let's start off with the best piece of information! I am currently pregnant with my first bub! Hubby and I are extremely excited and cannot wait to meet our munchkin in March 2013. (This also explains my lack of regular posting..sorry!)
2. I currently drive a 4WD and as short as I am, I cannot see well over the dash board enough to 'park it like it's hot' because the car feels HUUUUUGE. Doesn't stop me from going shopping though! I just park wherever there is easy parking. Concrete barriers and walls make me feel claustrophobic!
3. I have had hyperhydrosis ie. excessive sweating, in my palms ever since I was born (too much information?)
4. I am a sucker for action packed movies. Give me anything with explosions and guns over a love story or comedy any day.
5. On the topic of guns, I went rifle shooting on my 30th birthday. Couldn't think of a better way to kick off the dirty thirties!
6. I have read the 50 shades trilogy and loved it. Don't judge me. The so-called love story was intriguing. Really!
7. I have recently learnt how to make soy wax candles and have made the decision to never, ever buy candles from a store ever again. Can anyone say, 'rip off?'
8. I am going to be keeping true to my new years resolution and learning how to swim later this year! I figure it is no better time than now to do it considering swimming is a great form of exercise for pregnancy.
9. I am trying to squeeze in another trip somewhere by the end of the year. Not sure whether I should keep it locally within Australia or if I should be brave and venture out to nearby countries. Any suggestions?
10. The current song that I am trying to learn to play on piano is by no other but Whitney Houston - I will always love you (man, it's such a sappy song but beautiful at the same time on the piano!)
11. I am missing the glorious food we encountered in NYC. Oh how I miss that city!
11 answers to questions from Glossy Lacquer:
11 answers to questions from Mish:
Still to come (awaiting link from Mish - sorry Mish!)
11 answers to questions from Gypsy Moon:
2) If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be? My baby! These next six months better fly like they all say.
3) What book are you currently reading? Nothing at the moment. I am struggling in that department!
4) The last thing that made you really laugh out loud? Probably something that one of my dogs did because they have so much character and love picking on each other.
5) Describe yourself in three words. Extremely bad cook! :)
6) What is something fun you are going to do today? Hopefully I will be able to get out and about for a walk along the river when the hubby comes home. I am actually a bit sick with a cold as I am writing this post and if I feel a bit better I can go out for some fresh air! Yep..... that's my fun for the day!
7) Favourite book/movie when you were a child? Peter Pan!
8) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Hawaii for sure.
9) Have you ever won a trophy? No. I sucked at everything when I was younger.
10) Do you touch-type? Yes.
11) Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither! Ha! I'd say I'm a mid-day person.
11 more questions for the lucky bloggers who I am tagging:
1. What is your guilty-tv-pleasure?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What was the first bottle of nail polish you ever bought?
4. Heels or flats?
5. Summer or winter?
6.What was the last movie you went to see?
7. What was the hardest job interview question you were ever faced with and how did you overcome that?
8. What is the most extreme sport you have ever participated in?
9. If you were famous and had a reality tv show about your life, what would it be called?
10. What is a song that you absolutely have to dance to (sometimes no matter where you are) when you hear it?
11. What do you think the next nail polish trend will be?
11 bloggers who have been tagged (tag! you're it!)
You gals rock! And once again, my eyes are opened to all the cool things you all do with nail polish.
Until next time!